Baked Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
|Bone in half ham||6 Pound (Fully Cooked)|
|Potatoes||3 Pound, thinly sliced (Pared)|
|Onions||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Wipe ham with damp paper towels.
3. Take a shallow roasting pan and place ham on the rack.
4. Bake uncovered for 1-1/4 hours.
5. In large saucepan place potato, onion and 2 teaspoons salt and cover with water.
6. Bring to boiling boil gently 5 minutes until potato is just tender and then drain.
7. In small saucepan melt butter and remove from heat.
8. Stir in flour, 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper and paprika until smooth.
9. Gradually stir in milk, bring to boiling, stirring constantly and boil gently for 3 minutes.
10. Set sauce aside and remove ham from oven.
11. Increase oven temperature to 400F.
12. Mix brown sugar and mustard and pat mixture on ham.
13. Insert meat thermometer in the center of ham, away from bone.
14. In center of 3-quart shallow baking dish or shallow casserole place ham and spoon drained potato mixture around ham.
15. Pour sauce over potato mixture and bake 25 to 30 minutes until meat thermometer registers 130F and sauce is bubbling.
16. Serve with garnish as desired.