Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
|Reduced calorie margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 3/4 Teaspoon)|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), heated|
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Pared potatoes||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) In a small saucepan, over low heat, heat margarine until bubbly and then mix in flour, salt, and pepper.
3) SautÃ© the mixture for 2 minutes and then pour in milk.
4) Stir cook the mixture until it is smooth and thickened and then take off from heat.
5) Take a shallow 1-quart casserole and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
6) Spread half of the potatoes in casserole in a layer and then top with half of the diced onion.
7) Mix in sauce and then spoon half over onion layer.
8) Continue layers with remaining potatoes, onion, and sauce.
9) Bake the casserole, covered for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
10) Take off the cover and again bake for about 10 minutes longer until golden.
11) Serve hot.