Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
|Potatoes||8 Medium, pared and cut into quarters|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), scalded|
1) In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes or until completely tender.
2) Drain them well.
3) In the pan, shake the potatoes over low heat for 2-3 minutes to make them fluffy and dry,.
4) With a masher or fork, break the potatoes first and beat them, avoid spattering.
5) Add butter or margarine to the potatoes and beat slowly. Butter will melt in hot potatoes.
6) Add scalded milk, little at a time and continue beating the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
7) Potatoes should be beaten until fluffy and light.
8) Season with salt and pepper and serve warm as side dish.