Stuffed Potatoes With Ham, Thyme, And Gruyere
|Russet potatoes||4 Large, washed|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (A Drizzle)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Once Around The Pan)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Baked ham||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch strips (From Deli, 1/8-Inch Thick Slices)|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (In Small Pieces)|
|Milk/Half-and-half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thyme sprig||6 , leaves stripped and chopped to make 2 tablespoons|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat broiler to high with oven rack 6 inches from heat source.
2) In a large bowl add potatoes. Drizzle oil over potatoes and rub well.
3) Pierce potatoes with a fork.
4) Place on Microwave high for and cook 12 minutes until tender.
5) Lets stand the potatoes for 5 minutes until cool.
6) Halve potatoes from center and scoop out potato flesh in a bowl.
7) Keep the skins aside on a nonstick baking sheet.
8) Heat a small skillet over medium heat.
9) Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add shallots and sautÃ© for 2 to 3 minutes until bits are just tender.
10) In a mixing bowl, add cooked potato, shallots, ham strips, cheese, butter, milk or half-and-half, thyme, and salt and pepper.
11) Using a potato masher or fork, combine the mixture but not entirely lump-free.
12) Scoop mixture into skins and broil for 2 or 3 minutes till lightly brown on top.
13) Serve hot.