"Stone Soup" Breakfast Potatoes With Roasted Poblano Peppers
|Diced potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Baby Whites Or Reds Work Best)|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Pablano peppers||1 , roast (oven roasted, cleaned and peeled)|
|Poblano pepper||1 , oven roasted, cleaned and peeled|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chop|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Chopped oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sausages link||3 , cooked, split, sliced|
|Sausage links||3 , cooked, split and sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1.Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. Dice the potatoes, sweet onion, red bell pepper, finely chop the garlic, fresh cilantro, fresh thyme leaves, fresh oregano and keep everything separately in bowls.
3. On a cookie sheet place whole Pablano Pepper, roast for approximately 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove pablano from oven and place in a plastic container or bag to rest.
5. Heat sauté pan to medium-high, add 1/2 cup water and bring to a low boil, reduce heat to medium and add whole sausage links.
6. Turn the links as needed to assure even cooking. Once the water cooks out, brown the sausage evenly on all sides.
7. Heat another sauté pan to medium-high, once pan is hot add olive oil and reduce heat to medium.
8. Add chopped garlic to oil and cook just until toasty brown color. Remove garlic but leave the oil.
9. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and add to oil. Place cover on pan but toss potatoes frequently to assure even cooking.
10. Cook, tossing frequently, for about 8 minutes, add red pepper and onion, cover but toss frequently. Cook until onions start to become translucent.
11. While the potatoes are cooking, peel and clean the pablano, then dice it and add it to the potatoes.
12. Remove the lid and add your garlic back into the potatoes along with the other chopped herbs.
13. Remove sausages from heat. Slice two or three length-wise and then cut into pieces.
14. Reduce heat to medium-low. Mix sausage with potatoes and cook uncovered until the potatoes are the way you want them.
15. Garnish with fresh tomato slices.
16. Serve with toast and an egg cooked to your liking.