Creamy Mashed Potatoes
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Heavy cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Nutmeg||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
1) Cut the potatoes in even pieces after peeling properly.
2) In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water, until turn tender when tested by piercing fork. Do not wait until the potatoes turn mushy.
3) Drain the water at once.
4) In a moderately heated dry pan, toss the potatoes to dry off the excess water.
5) In a bowl, mash the potatoes smoothly.
6) Return the mashed potatoes into the pan.
7) Gently beat in hot milk into the potatoes with a wooden spoon or whisk.
8) Add melted butter and cream and continue to beat vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy.
9) Season the mixture with salt, pepper and a grating of fresh nutmeg, according to taste.
10) Place over moderate heat and beat thoroughly to heat up the potato mixture.
11) Serve immediately on side with a main dish.
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg13%
Sodium 94.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet