Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Arugula
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Idaho potatoes||3 Pound, peeled|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1 (Plus Cold Water, For Cooking The Potatoes)|
|Arugula||2 Bunch (200 gm), rinsed|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Hot, Or More If Needed)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. On a small piece of aluminum foil, place garlic cloves and drizzle 1 teaspoon oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Loosely wrap garlic in the foil.
5. Chop potatoes into large chunks.
6. In a small baking pan, place the foil wrapped garlic and bake for about 40 minutes until the garlic is soft.
7. Remove from oven and keep aside.
8. In a pot, place the chopped potatoes and cover with the broth or cold water and bouillon cubes.
9. Bring the pot to a boil and then slightly reduce the heat.
10. Boil uncovered over low heat for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.
11. Drain and keep in the same pot.
12. Heat the pot for 15 seconds and shake often evaporate excess moisture.
13. Mash potatoes in a ricer and keep them in a large mixing bowl.
14. Mash once again with the back of a large fork.
15. In another small pot, bring water to boil.
16. Dip arugula in boiling water and take it out quickly just enough to blanch.
17. Squeeze it and dry in paper towels.
18. Separate the leaves and keep aside.
19. In the bowl containing mashed potatoes, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin.
20. Add butter and gradually add hot milk and mash.
21. Mash until a smooth mixture is achieved.
22. Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil.
23. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
24. Stir in the arugula.
25. Serve immediately.
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg4.3%
Sodium 340.9 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.6%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 118.9%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet