Classic Scalloped Potatoes
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium (Peeled)|
1. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise fist, then make cross sections of 1/2-inch slices. Keep aside.
2. In a 2-quart casserole, mix butter and onion.
3. In the microwave, cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes at High, until the butter melts.
4. First, mix the flour, salt and pepper and then blend in the milk.
5. In the microwave, cook for 5 to 7 minutes at High, until thickened, stirring twice.
6. Add the potato slices.
7. In the microwave, cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes at High, until the potatoes are fork-tender, stirring once.
8. Let it stand covered for at least 5 minutes before serving.