|Onions||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 400 F.
2) Take a 2-quart casserole and lightly grease it.
3) Wash the potatoes, pare them , and thinly slice to measure 8 cups.
4) In a covered saucepan, cook potatoes and onions, in small amount of boiling water, with 2 teaspoons salt, about 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
5) Drain them well.
6) In another saucepan, melt butter.
7) Remove from heat.
8) Add flour, pepper, paprika, and remaining salt until smooth.
9) Blend in milk.
10) Cook, stirring, over medium heat, to boiling point, or until thickened and smooth.
11) In prepared casserole, layer one third of potatoes and onions.
12) Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley; top with one third of sauce.
13) Repeat the process.
14) Then add remaining potatoes and onions, and top with remaining sauce.
15) Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes, or until top is browned and potatoes fork-tender.
16) Serve the scalloped potatoes as a hearty side dish.