Rosemary Potato Skewers
|Potatoes||1 1⁄3 Pound, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (4 Medium Sized)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||1 Large, minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, boil water with salt and cook the potatoes covered in 2 inches of water for 15 minutes till tender.
2) Drain and keep aside to cool.
3) Thread onto metal or bamboo skewers.
4) Place in portable container and keep in a picnic basket.
5) In a portable leak proof bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix.
6) Pack in a picnic basket.
7) Before serving prepare charcoal fire.
8) Place potato skewers over the coal and grill 3 to 4 inches above the coal.
9) Brush skewers with rosemary mixture.
10) Continue to grill and baste several times for 10 to 12 minutes till lightly browned.
11) Serve hot.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 274.2 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 51.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet