Creamy Mashed Potatoes
|Baking potatoes||2 3⁄4 Ounce, peeled and quartered (4 Large Size)|
|2% milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), heated|
|Lowfat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery root/Rutabaga / snow peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, steamed and pureed, seasoned with butter and salt to taste|
|Mashed baked sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seasoned with grated fresh ginger and butter to taste|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), peeled, wrapped in aluminum foil|
1) In a saucepan add potatoes with lightly salted water to cover.
2) Boil the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes till tender.
3) Drain the potatoes and place them in the pan.
4) Stir and cook them over moderate heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Using a potato masher or food mill mash the potatoes.
6) Add milk, sour cream, and salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste.
7) Stir or "marble" in any optional ingredients.
8) Serve hot.
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 133.2 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet