Gremolata is a delicious herb condiment made from parsley, lemon & garlic. When you add it to regular mashed potatoes, you get spectacular mashed potatoes!
4 (peeled & cut into medium pieces)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (regular or non-fat)
Salt and pepper
Minced garlic cloves
Zest of lemon
Flat leaf parsley
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mince
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Put potatoes in pot of cold water. Place on high heat with lid on top and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, remove lid, turn heat down to a medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, mix garlic and kosher salt in small bowl. Stir in the lemon zest, parsley and olive oil and set aside, this will be your gremolata.
4. When potatoes are done, drain in a strainer and put back into the cooking pot, over the warm burner.
5. Stir the potatoes with a large spoon until they seem quite dry. Mash with a potato masher to break up large bits of potato, then add butter, sour cream & gremolata. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the potatoes with your favorite main dishes and enjoy!