Mussel, Potato And Asparagus Salad
|New red potatoes||2 Pound, scrubbed|
|Coarse salt/Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||3 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained (Small)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Mussels||3 Pound, steamed, shelled (About 1 Pound Mussel Flesh)|
|Thin asparagus spears||3⁄4 Pound, steamed until crisp-tender, and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
1) In a large saucepot, add the potatoes in the boiling salted water, then simmer on a low heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
2) Then drain and allow the potatoes to cool.
3) In a medium bowl, mix parsley, shallots, vinegar, mayonnaise and mustard together.
4) Fold in the capers and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a large bowl, cube and place the potatoes.
6) Then add 3/4 shallot dressing and toss well to coat the potatoes.
7) When ready to serve, add the mussels, asparagus and rest of the shallot dressing in the potato mixture, toss well.
8) Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.