Red, White And Blue Potato Salad
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Smoked salmon||6 Ounce, cut into 1-inch-long strips|
|Chopped fresh chives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Whole chives/Paprika||2 (For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Take a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, put the potatoes.
2) Cover with water by 2 inches.
3) Sprinkle salt on it. Cover and boil the mixture for approximately 15 minutes till tender.
4) Drain and cool the mixture.
5) In a large portable bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and garlic.
6) Sprinkle salt and pepper.
7) Put potatoes, salmon, chopped chives and capers. Toss the mixture gently.
8) Decorate with whole chives and paprika on top. Place the lid tightly and pack in a picnic basket.
9) Serve in individual platter.
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.8 mg3.3%
Sodium 543.8 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet