Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
|Natural cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||5 Medium, cut to fit food chute|
|Yellow onions||2 Small|
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) Shred cheese in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and keep aside.
3) Slice potatoes and onions in the processor fitting it with a slicing disc, or by hand, emptying the sliced vegetables to a baking dish when they reach Fill Level.
4) In a 2-quart saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and mix in flour.
5) Pour milk quickly and thicken the mixture slightly by cooking and stirring constantly.
6) Stir in shredded cheese and seasonings.
7) Allow the cheese to melt and then take off the sauce from heat.
8) Take a shallow, 2 1/2-quart baking dish and layer half the cheese sauce on bottom of it.
9) Top potato and onion slices over this and then complete with a layer of cheese sauce.
10) Bake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven until potatoes are soft.
11) Serve hot.