Potato Carrot Patties
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), grated|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded coconut||1 Tablespoon|
1) Boil the potatoes in their skins till they become soft.
2) Grate the carrots.
3) Once the potatoes are done, cool them slightly and then mash, leaving the skin on for nutrition.
4) In a mixing bowl, add the mashed potaotes and then add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and curry powder.
5) In a medium sized saucepan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds to it.
6) when the seeds starts popping, add the grated carrots and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
7) Over low eat, cook the carrots for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
8) Add the remaining ingredients and then mix it well.
9) Cool the mixture and combine it with the mashed potatoes.
10) Form them into balls and then flatten them into patties.
11) In a heavy skillet, heat enough oil to keep the patties from sticking and cook until it turns brown on both sides over low flame.
12) For a variation, add chopped parsley to mashed potaotes.
13) Serve with yogurt chutney and fresh salad.
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 552.7 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 320.9% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet