|Idahos potatoes||6 Medium|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
2. In a large saucepan, place potatoes and cover with water. Add a little salt.
3. Boil on a medium flame until the potatoes are very tender.
4. Drain in a colander, return to pan and dry on a low flame, tossing until all moisture has evaporated.
5. Transfer to a blender or to a large bowl.
6. Blend or mash into a smooth puree, free of lumps.
7. Add salt if required and milk.
8. Blend or whisk until light and fluffy in texture.
9. Serve immediately while mash is still warm
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.31 g0.47%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.88%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.94 mg0.31%
Sodium 197.9 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.8%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 97.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 0.02%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet