Potato Skeps Beehives
|Potatoes||6 Large, peeled boiling water|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Hot milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red onion||1 Large|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2) In a pan with boiling salted water, cook the potatoes and garlic until tender.
Drain well and keep aside.
3) Mash the potatoes, then whip alongwith hot milk and butter.
4) Sprinkle pepper and whip further until the mixture is light and fluffly.
5) Prepare beehive like mounds with the mixture and place over a greased baking sheet.
6) Peel and slice the onion, then separate the rings and saute in butter until soft.
Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
7) Place 4-5 rings over each mound, with a large ring at the bottom and small rings towards the top of the mound.
8) Apply melted butter and sprinkle with the paprika.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
10) Serve in a nice plate.
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.6 mg5.5%
Sodium 28.3 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 104.5%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet