Hearty Beef Turkey And Mashed Potato Pie
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Lean ground turkey||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes/All purpose potatoes/rutabaga||2 Pound, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Heat a Dutch oven on high flame. Put in some beef and turkey. Saute for about 7 minutes or till the meat turns pink and release juice.
3. Remove from the heat and pass the meat through a sieve. Drain the meat to remove the fat for 10 minutes.
4. In a Dutch oven, heat some oil on medium heat. Add onions, garlic and saute for about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Add in thyme, crushed tomatoes, pepper and salt. Bring it to boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 25 minutes or until the stew is rich.
6. In the meantime, take a pan and simmer the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and mash with milk until smooth.
7. Add some chopped parsley.
8. Take a 13"" x 9"" x 2"" baking dish and transfer the meat in the mixture.
9. Use a spatula and spread the mashed sweet potatoes.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until it has bubble around the edges.
11. Serve in a serving dish.