Crispy Onion Roasted Potatoes
|All purpose potatoes||2 Pound, cut into quarters|
|Onion soup mix/Onion-mushroom soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope Upton)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Marjoram leaves||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. In a large, shallow baking dish or roasting pan, combine all ingredients for coating the potatoes.
3. Once ingredients are well combined, add the potato quarters to the pan and toss so that they are well coated with the mixture.
4. Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for 50-60 minutes until cooked.
5. Turn the potatoes occasionally so that they remain coated and brown evenly on all sides.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven when golden brown and tender.
7. Dish the hot potatoes into a serving dish. .
8. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
9. These potatoes make a wonderful accompaniment to roasts and grilled meats.