Western Potato Rounds
|Baking potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (2 Large, Unpeeled Ones)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Shredded colby jack cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Bacon slices||6 , crisply cooked, drained and crumbled|
|Green onion slices||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Slice potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices using a vegetable slicer or a knife.
3. Toss the potato slices with oil so that they are evenly coated on both sides.
4. Arrange the potato slices in a large round casserole dish or baking tray, in a single layer, slightly overlapping them.
5. Place the dish in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the top
6. Remove from oven and keep aside.
7. In a bowl, combine cheese, bacon and green onion.
8. Using a pastry brush, glaze the potatoes with barbecue sauce.
9. Scatter the cheese mixture over to cover the potatoes.
10. Return dish to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes till the cheese is bubbly.
11. Remove from the oven and serve straight from the dish.