Crispy Duck Confit with Greens Beetroot and Roast Potatoes
|Duck fat||540 Gram (3 Jars, 180 Gram Each)|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Potatoes||4 (Desiree Variety)|
|Goose fat||175 Gram|
|Shallots||3 , finely chopped|
|Fresh root ginger||3⁄4 Inch, peeled and finely diced (2 Centimeter Piece)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely diced|
|Beetroot||3 Large, roasted, cooled, peeled and cubed|
|Balsamic vinegar||75 Milliliter|
|Chicken stock||400 Milliliter|
|Savoy cabbage||1⁄2 , cored, blanched and refreshed|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 , cored, blanched and refreshed (Spring Variety)|
|Kale||200 Gram, blanched and refreshed|
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas .
2) In an ovenproof pan, melt the duck fat, stir in rest of the confit ingredients and cook in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and drain the duck on a rack over a baking tray.
3) Increase oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes, then parboil in a pan of salted water for about 10 minutes.
4) In a large roasting tin, heat the goose fat.
5) Drain the potatoes, put back into the pan and dry over a low heat. Shake the pan and place the potatoes in the roasting tin, then bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden and crisp.
6) In a saucepan, saute the shallots, ginger and garlic in the melted butter to soften. Increase the heat, add the beetroot and balsamic vinegar , then add the stock and reduce by half.
7) In a large pan, saute the blanched cabbage in the melted butter, toss thoroughly to coat for 2-3 minutes.
8) Serve the duck legs on a bed of green vegetables , alongwith the beetroot and crispy potatoes.
Calories 3469 Calories from Fat 2466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 278 g427.3%
Saturated Fat 86.8 g433.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.7 mg72.2%
Sodium 1155.5 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 32 g127.9%
Sugars 57.2 g
Protein 124 g248.9%
Vitamin A 210.3% Vitamin C 362.2%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 66%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet