|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||16 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (Commercial)|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Put enough water to cover the potatoes, add salt and let the water boil.
3. Once done, lower the flame and cook for 30 minutes, until the potatoes soften.
4. Allow the potatoes to settle at room temperature.
5. Peel and strip the potatoes and keep reserved in a bowl.
6. In a heavy saucepan, mix ¼ cup melted butter and cheese.
7. Cook the ingredients on low flame until cheese starts melting.
8. Mix potatoes, cheese mixture, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper.
9. Take a 2 quart low casserole and put the mixture in it.
10. Top it with 2 tablespoons butter.
11. Cover the dish and allow it to bake for 25 minutes.
12. Serve warm