|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||16 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (Commercial)|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Put enough water to cover the potatoes, add salt and let the water boil.
3. Once done, lower the flame and cook for 30 minutes, until the potatoes soften.
4. Allow the potatoes to settle at room temperature.
5. Peel and strip the potatoes and keep reserved in a bowl.
6. In a heavy saucepan, mix ¼ cup melted butter and cheese.
7. Cook the ingredients on low flame until cheese starts melting.
8. Mix potatoes, cheese mixture, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper.
9. Take a 2 quart low casserole and put the mixture in it.
10. Top it with 2 tablespoons butter.
11. Cover the dish and allow it to bake for 25 minutes.
12. Serve warm
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.6%
Saturated Fat 27.8 g138.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.8 mg43.6%
Sodium 853.2 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 61.9%
Calcium 61% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet