1. Peel the sweet potato and leave the skin on the white potato.
2. Make 1/4 inch thick long vertical slices out of the sweet potato.
3. Slice the white potatoes lengthwise and then further slice them into 1/4 inch thick long vertical slices.
4. Place them in a bowl and toss them to coat with the mixture.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil and spread the tossed potatoes.
6. Prepare a grill by adding hot coal from kettle grill along with some hickory chips.
7. Place the cookie sheet on the preheated grill and let it cook for about 7-10 minutes.
8. Stir a little and let it cook for about 15 more minutes.
9. Place them further in a 400 degree oven for about 7 minutes.
10. Serve them as desired.
This video is a creation of BBQMyWay. You can visit BBQMyWay for complete recipes, and more videos.
Looking forward to prepare some potato fries? Here the chef has prepared potato fries that are smoked and not fried the usual way. In fact smoking the potato fries is a better way to cook to reduce on the calories and for a wonderful smoky flavor too!