These are the most delicious mashed potatoes, and they're nearly fat free. The garlic in this recipe adds flavor and many health benefits. Garlic contains two main medicinal compounds - allicin and diallyl sulfides - which can help boost the immune system.
3 Clove (15 gm), peeled
1 , peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Large, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Unsweetened soy milk
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fortified)
Ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan add garlic, parsnip, potatoes one after the other, with potatoes as the top most layer.
2. Pour water and bring it to a boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender (check occasionally and add water if required).
3. Remove from heat and transfer it into a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash them well till smooth.
4. Pour the milk and continue to mash till smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
5. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the mashed potato with mushroom gravy or any main dish of your choice.
This can be stored in air tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.