Crispy Potato Skin Croutons
|Golden onion soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope Lipton)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Potatoes||3 1⁄2 Pound, unpeeled and baked (8 Medium Size)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. In a small mixing bowl, use a butter knife to blend soup mix with the butter. Keep aside for later.
3. Cut the unpeeled and baked potatoes lengthwise into halves.
4. Using a spoon or a scooper, scoop out the potato, leaving a ¼ inch shell. Reserve the potato pulp for making mashed potatoes.
5. Quarter each the potato shells.
6. On a baking sheet or tray, arrange the potato shells.
7. Using a butter knife spread the prepared butter on each shell.
8. Bake the potato shells in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the butter has melted to give them a crispy texture and golden color.
9. Remove the shells and cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
10. Crispy potato skin croutons make a taste snack appetizer or side dish.