Smoked Trout and Potato Wedges
|Potatoes||18 Ounce, cubed (500 Gram, Maris Piper Variety)|
|Baby spinach||100 Gram (In A Bag)|
|Lemon||1 , grated for zest and juice extracted|
|Smoked trout fillet||5 Ounce, flaked (140 Gram)|
|Chopped dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumbs||5 Ounce (140 Gram, Made From Stale Bread)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tartare sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Serve)|
1) In a saucepan, pour in water and bring it to a boil by adding salt. Add potatoes to boil for 15 minutes until tender.
2) In a large colander, tip the spinach in the sink. Drain the potatoes over the spinach so the cooking water wilts it.
3) Transfer the potatoes back into the pan. Mash by adding lemon zest, juice and some seasoning. Fold through the trout flakes, squeezed-out spinach, capers and dill.
4) In a large plate, tip half the breadcrumbs.
5) In another plate, then tip the potato mixture and shape into a large disc. Flip the potato cake onto the crumbs, pressing the remaining crumbs onto the top.
6) Heat the grill
7) Pour the oil into a large frying pan.
8) Slide potato cake into the pan and fry for 5 minutes to golden at bottom.
9) Place the pan under the grill for 4 to 5 minutes until the crumbs on top are golden and the cake is hot through.
8) Serve hot with lemon wedges, tartare sauce and a green salad.