|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 370 degree F.
2. Grease a baking tray with oil or butter.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut a thin slice off the base of potatoes.
4. Place a potato on the chopping board, cut side down and thinly slice, leaving about ¼ inch intact at the base. Do the same with the rest of the potatoes.
5. In a bowl, season the melted butter with salt and pepper.
6. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the melted butter over the potatoes.
7. Arrange the potatoes on prepared baking tray.
8. Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 1 hour, turning the potatoes after 20 minutes so that they brown evenly on all sides.
9. Insert a thin skewer or a knife in the centre of a potato to check if it is tender and cooked through.