Garlicky Mashed Potatoes is our recipe for the smoothest, butteriest, garlic mashed potatoes around. Just like the turkey, mashed potatoes, are a Thanksgiving meal staple in our home (and many homes I guess). And, they can easily be made family cooking style–bonding while peeling potatoes is something the kids will always remember. So, this Thanksgiving try out our Garlicky Mashed Potatoes and hope you enjoy.
3 , mashed
Salt & pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into about 3 inch evenly sized chunks.
2. Place them in a sauce pan and pour enough of the whole milk over them to cover them.
3. Add the minced garlic cloves to the milk and potatoes along with some salt (to your preference).
4. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until potatoes are cooked through (about 15 to 20 minutes).
5. When the potatoes are soft, strain them milk off into another container and save.
6. Then rice the potatoes into a bowl. Ricing is not necessary, simply mashing them works as well, but they won’t be as smooth.
7. Mix enough of the reserved milk left-over from cooking to get to the consistency you like, long with a few tablespoons of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot with your Thanksgiving main dish.