In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Deep-Fried Potato Wedges. These are Russett potatoes that are boiled in water and chilled overnight, and then cut into wedges for deep-frying.
5 Medium, boil
1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. In a large pot pour water and boil the potatoes along with salt.
2. Boil and cook for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Once done drain and cool to room temperature.
4. Cover them and let it cool in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Cut each one in half lengthwise and then cut them into equal wedges you should get 30 wedges.
6. Preheat peanut oil to 350 degrees in a large pan; fry the potatoes wedges into batches until crisp and brown.
7. Place the fried potatoes on paper towel and drain the excess oil.
8. Season with sea salt.