Beetroot and Potato Medley
|Baby beetroot||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|New potatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Natural low fat yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Scrub the beetroot thoroughly and place on a baking tray.
2. Brush the beetroot with a little oil and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer is easily insertable into the beetroot. Allow to cool a little, then remove the skins.
3. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain. Reserve the potatoes until cool. Dice evenly.
4. Cut the cucumber into cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Chop the beetroot into small cubes and add to the bowl with the reserved potatoes. Gently mix the vegetables together.
5. Mix together the vinegar and yogurt and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and combine gently.
6. Arrange on a bed of salad leaves garnished with the snipped chives and serve.