Stuffed Baked Potatoes
|Baking potatoes||6 Large|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Green onion dip mix||2 Packet (1 Envelope)|
1. Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush; dry with paper toweling. Rub skins all over with vegetable oil to keep them soft. Place potatoes in a large, shallow, pan.
2. Bake in slow oven (325°) with roast, 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are soft; remove from oven but leave heat turned on.
3. Using potholders to protect your fingers, cut slice lengthwise from top of each potato and lift off.Carefully scoop out insides with teaspoon; place in large bowl. (Try not to break shells.) Return shells to pan.
4. Combine milk, butter or margarine and onion-dip mix in a small saucepan; heat slowly until butter melts.
5. Mash potatoes in bowl; beat in hot-milk mixture until potatoes are fluffy. Spoon back into shells, mounding slightly. Return to oven.
6. Bake 15 minutes longer, or until lightly browned on top. If you wish, sprinkle potatoes with sliced, fresh, green onions, pressing them down lightly.