Rack Of Veal On Mashed Potatoes
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and chopped (750 Gram)|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Roasted garlic puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Veal rack||2 Pound (1 Kilogram, 8 Points)|
|Thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
|Veal stock/Chicken stock||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
1. Preheat oven at 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4. Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain, then mash (or puree), and add the olive oil, chopped capers and half the roasted garlic. Mix well, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside until ready to serve.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan, and brown the veal on both sides until well sealed. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Remove the veal from the pan, and place on a rack in a baking dish. Rub the veal with remaining roasted garlic and 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper, add half the wine and stock to the baking dish.
3. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until veal is cooked to your liking. Wrap in foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Add remaining stock, wine and thyme to the pan-juices and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by a third.
5. Serve the veal on a bed of mashed potatoes with pan-juices.