Haandi Potatoes With Lime And Coriander
|Whole garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Crushed coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed black peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||2 1⁄2 Bunch (250 gm), finely chopped (2 Large Bunches)|
|Baby potatoes||15 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Fresh coriander||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), finely chopped, including the stalks (Large Bunch)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lime)|
|Fresh green chilies||2 , finely chopped|
1. Mix together the garlic cloves, crushed coriander seeds, crushed black peppercorns and half of the shredded ginger.
2. Heat the oil in a haandi or saucepan, add the spring onions and fry for about 1 minute.
3. Pour in the spice mixture, lower the heat and add the potatoes and half of the fresh coriander and stir-fry for 2 minutes, using a wooden spoon.
4. Pour in the water, cover the haandi and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
5. Add the remaining fresh coriander and ginger, the sesame seeds, lime juice and green chillies and cook for 2 minutes. Serve hot with chapati.