Onion And Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
|Potatoes||4 Medium, scrubbed|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (pasteurized, processed)|
1. Bake potatoes following directions in Fresh Vegetable Cooking Chart. Remove potatoes from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put 1 tablespoon butter and onion into a glass dish. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4 to 5 minutes at HIGH, or until tender; stir occasionally.
3. Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop potato from shells, being careful to keep shells intact. Mash or rice potato thoroughly.
4. Heat milk in glass measuring cup in microwave oven about 30 seconds at HIGH.
5. Add milk, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper and onion to potato. Whip until fluffy. Spoon into potato shells. Top with cheese. Arrange on a microwave-safe serving plate. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at HIGH, or until cheese is melted.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1196 Calories from Fat 538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.6%
Saturated Fat 38.6 g192.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.2 mg58.1%
Sodium 875.4 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.8%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 32 g64.8%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 232.2%
Calcium 69.8% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet