|Potatoes||9 Medium, pared, quartered|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Day before, or early on day:
1. In large saucepan of boiling salted water, boil potatoes, covered, until tender; drain.
2. In large mixer bowl, place potatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and butter; beat, at medium speed, until well mixed. Add pepper, nutmeg, and milk; then continue beating until potatoes are light and fluffy (do not add more liquid). Refrigerate, covered.
About 1 hour before supper:
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
2. Lightly grease bottom of 5-cup or 1 1/2-quart casserole or souffle dish. Then force chilled potatoes through a potato ricer, letting them mound in center of casserole.
3. Bake 40 minutes, or until hot. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley.