Shrimp With Tomatoes And Potatoes
|Cooked shelled shrimp||1 Pound|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Chopped onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, pared and diced|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
1. Cut shrimp into pieces; set aside.
2. Put salt pork into a 2-quart glass baking dish. Cover with a paper towel. Cook in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at HIGH, or until fat accumulates; stir occasionally.
3. Add onion to salt pork; stir. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 1/2 minutes at HIGH, or until soft.
4. Add potatoes, garlic, salt, seasoned pepper, oregano, bay leaf and hot water; mix. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 10 to 12 minutes at HIGH, or until potato is tender; stir occasionally.
5. Mix tomatoes, Tabasco and shrimp into potato mixture in dish. Cover with waxed paper. Heat in microwave oven to serving temperature (5 to 6 minutes at HIGH).