Potato "Risotto" With Sausage And Broccoli
|Uncooked chicken-apple sausages||1⁄4 Pound|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Pound (3 Cups)|
|Frozen hash brown cut potatoes||5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded|
|Onion||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh sage leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Discard sausage casings. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir sausages until broken up and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Add broccoli florets; stir until sausages are well browned and broccoli is tender-crisp to bite, 3 to 5 minutes more. Pour into a bowl; keep warm.
3. Add potatoes and onion to pan,
reduce heat to medium-high, and stir until onion is limp, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add sage and milk to pan, and stir just until potatoes are tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes more.
5. Pour potato mixture onto a platter; spoon sausage and broccoli mixture over it. Add salt to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1543 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85 mg28.3%
Sodium 1937.5 mg80.7%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.1%
Sugars 40.5 g
Protein 71 g142.6%
Vitamin A 149.7% Vitamin C 560.3%
Calcium 100.1% Iron 81.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet