Potato "Risotto" With Sausage And Broccoli
|Uncooked chicken-apple sausages||1⁄4 Pound|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Pound (3 Cups)|
|Frozen hash brown cut potatoes||5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded|
|Onion||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh sage leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Discard sausage casings. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir sausages until broken up and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Add broccoli florets; stir until sausages are well browned and broccoli is tender-crisp to bite, 3 to 5 minutes more. Pour into a bowl; keep warm.
3. Add potatoes and onion to pan,
reduce heat to medium-high, and stir until onion is limp, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add sage and milk to pan, and stir just until potatoes are tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes more.
5. Pour potato mixture onto a platter; spoon sausage and broccoli mixture over it. Add salt to taste.