Mashed Turnips And Potatoes
|Yellow turnips/Rutabagas||1 Pound|
|Small potatoes||1 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Or As Needed)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Wash and pare turnips and potatoes. Cut into small cubes.
2. Place turnips and potatoes in a deep 3-quart non-metallic casserole.
3. Add water to cover vegetables.
4. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 15 to 18 (20 to 23) minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender. Drain excess water.
5. With a potato masher or fork, mash turnips and potatoes until almost smooth.
6. With a rotary beater or electric mixer beat vegetables, butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until fluffy.
7. Stir in heavy cream gradually until desired consistency is reached.
8. If desired, stir in parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1248 Calories from Fat 804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g140.8%
Saturated Fat 57 g285%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285.4 mg95.1%
Sodium 2225.2 mg92.7%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 131.7% Vitamin C 308.4%
Calcium 45% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet