Easy Chicken Hash
|Cubed cooked chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Simmer the chicken in the cream until the cream is reduced to one-half its original quantity.
2. Meanwhile, prepare a white sauce: In a saucepan melt two and one-half tablespoons of the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Bring one and one-fourth cups of the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
3. Add one-half cup of the white sauce to the chicken mixture, season with salt and set aside. Stir in one of the egg yolks.
4. Mix the remaining white sauce with the remaining egg yolks slightly beaten with a little of the hot sauce. Add the remaining milk and the grated onion and cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth. Add the remaining butter and one tablespoon of the cheese.
5. Place the reserved hash in a heatproof dish and cover with the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Brown under a hot broiler.