Onion And Cheese Stuffed Baked Potatoes
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded pasteurized process american cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1. Bake potatoes. Remove potatoes from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put 1 tablespoon butter and the onion into a glass dish. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4 to 5 minutes at High, or until tender; stir twice.
3. Cut potaoes into half. Scoop potato from shells, being careful to keep shells intact. Mash or rice potato thoroughly.
4. Heat milk in a 1-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven until hot (about 30 seconds at High).
5. Add milk, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper and cooked onion to potato. Whip until fluffy. Spoon into potato shells. Top with cheese. Arrange on a microwave-oven-safe serving plate. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at High, or until cheese melts.