1. In a pot with salted boiling water, allow to cook the potatoes until they are tender and you can easily pierce a knife through a piece.
2. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, on very low heat, melt butter and add in garlic, and stir well.
4. Add in the rosemary sprig and milk and bring to slightly under a simmer, turn off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Slowly strain the milk, little at a time, in potatoes and mash them with potato masher.
6. Add more milk if needed to get desired consistency, add in salt and pepper and stir to mix.
The king of all comfort foods, smashed potatoes tweaked with garlic and rosemary makes for a great treat. And for all who don't know, this dish is refreshingly different from mashed potatoes. The consistency so smooth, the flavors so bold that you won't get over them easily.