Pheasant With Port
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Young pheasants||3 , well wiped and skinned|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||12 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Oranges||2 (Use Finely Grated Rind And Juice)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
2) In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
3) Soak the pheasants in the marinade overnight. Turn them over a few times.
4) Pour away the marinade, dry the pheasants.
5) Heat a pan with oil and brown the pheasants in oil.
6) Take a casserole dish and put in the browned pheasants. Put in the remaining ingredients except the cornflour.
7) Roast for 1 hour basting regularly.
8) Deglaze the sauces from the dish, add cornflour to thicken.
9) Cut and serve the pheasant in portions along with sauce.