Cherry Port Dessert
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Port wine/Burgundy/ 3/4 cup ginger ale||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced peaches||8 3⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Prepared whipped topping||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat 1 cup water in a 1 1/2-quart glass bowl in microwave oven to boiling (about 2 to 3 minutes at HIGH).
2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in wine and cold water. Chill until slightly thickened.
3. Stir peaches into thickened gelatin. Turn into a 3-cup mold, or spoon into individual molds or dessert dishes. Chill until firm.
4. Stir cinnamon into prepared whipped topping.
5. Unmold gelatin, if molded. Garnish with spiced whipped topping and additional sliced peaches, if desired.