Breakfast Savory Porridge
|Quick cooking rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk/Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. In a pan take milk or water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add rolled oats and salt to it.
3. Boil for 1 minute. If using milk, stir continuously and if using water, stir occasionally.
4. Remove from flame. Cover and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
5. Stir and serve.
6. If you want a thicker porridge, use more oats and if thinner, use less quantity of oats.
7. If you desire creamier and smoother porridge, boil for 2 or more minutes. Stir as and when necessary.
8. Serve Porridge with cold milk.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.2 mg9.4%
Sodium 209.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 34.9% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet