This video shows you the recipe of Fried mackerel black beans porridge to be served with plain rice. It is healthy and tasty. The dish makes a perfect meal, neither too rich nor too light.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
7 Cup (112 tbs)
1 Medium, cubed (Optional)
5 Clove (25 gm)
150 Gram, fried (in black beans)
1. Soak the rice 15 minutes before cooking. Drain before cooking
2. Boil 11/2 cups water in a saucepan, add the soaked and drained rice and the chicken cube into it.
3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to let it simmer and stir occasionally until the rice grains are cooked (puffed up or broken). Turn off the heat and close the lid to allow the rice to rest and stand for 15 minutes.
4. Then reheat it slowly while stirring to give it smoothness. Add in a bit of water if it is too thick.
5. For the final touch, season with a bit of light soya sauce and sesame oil.
6. Present the porridge topped with mackerel, spring onions, shallots and garlic.
7. You can also garnish with freshly cut red peppers strips or even cucumber to add in freshness and colors to this tasty and healthy rice porridge.
Looking for a healthy and tasty porridge? Try Black beans mackerel porridge. This is a perfect meal as it is neither too light nor too heavy. It is healthy and tasty and can be served with plain rice. Garnish with freshly cut pepper strips and cucumber for added color.