Spicy Pork Bone Soup
|Pork neck bones||5 Pound (You Can Get It From Korean Or Chinese Market)|
|Potatoes||6 , peeled and cut in quarters|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Soy bean paste||1 Tablespoon (Korean Style)|
|Red chili pepper flakes||6 Tablespoon (Korean Style)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (If You Are Using Sea Salt, The Amount Will Be Different,)|
|Water||11 Cup (176 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Soak pork bones in cold water for 1 hour.
2. Rinse quickly and boil the bones in fresh water.
3. Once it's come to a boil, throw out all the water and wash the bones thoroughly.
4. Boil the bones with 11 cups of fresh water and boil
5. when it comes to a boil, add garlic, ginger chili pepper flakes, soy bean paste, onions, 1 tablespoon of salt (add kimchi or blanced korean baby cabbage if you prefer) and keep boiling for another 10 minutes on HIGH heat.
6. Peel and cut potatoes in quarters.
7. On a separate pot, boil potatoes in water. (add some salt) When potatoes are fully cooked, pour water out and put them on the side.
8. Now, check your pork bone soup (after 10 min on high). Reduce the heat to MEDIUM and boil for another 10 minutes. Then, reduce again to low heat and cook for another 20 minutes.
9. Taste your soup and season (if it needs more salt add more salt (gradually remember to taste it) it it's too salty add some water)
* I can't tell you exactly how much salt because the soup will reduce at different rates depending on your heat source, pot, ingredients etc. Always taste your food when seasoning.
10. Add potatoes in your soup. Don't stir it too much. Potatoes will break.
11. Boil for 5 minutes.
12. Serve in a bowl. Top with chopped green onions and black pepper.
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130 mg43.3%
Sodium 1813.7 mg75.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 45 g90.4%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet