Slow Smoked Pulled Pork
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barbecue rub||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turbinado sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix apple juice, salt, sugar and water.
2. Inject this mixture into the pork.
3. Rub mustard paste and barbecue rub over the pork.
4. Let the pork marinate for 12 hours.
5. Apply some more rub on the meat and let it sit for 30 minutes.
6. Place the pork in the smoker for about 4 hours.
7. Wrap the smoked pork in aluminum foil nicely.
8. Place it in a pan and put it back in the smoker for about 3-4 hours.
9. Shred and pull the pork before serving.
10. Add the reserved juice and barbecue rub to it. And serve on buns or between bread slices with bbq sauce or a cole slaw if you like.
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg49.9%
Sodium 3845.9 mg160.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 50 g99.8%
Vitamin A 54% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 3% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet