Super Bowl Recipe: BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Creamy Cole Slaw
|For the bbq pulled pork sliders|
|Pork shoulder||4 Pound|
|Seasoning||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning)|
|Chile powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||2 Teaspoon (Granulated)|
|Mustard powder||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Granulated)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Root beer/Coke||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hickory smoke||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the cole slaw|
|Savoy cabbage||454 Gram, slice|
|Red cabbage||454 Gram, slice|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, dice|
|Carrot||1 Large, shredded|
|Red onion slice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|For the cole slaw dressing|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White balsamic vinegar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Light sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning)|
|Sweet paprika||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine grand diamond all-purpose seasoning, Chile powder, granulated onion, ground mustard powder, granulated garlic and kosher salt, mix well. Rub the seasoning all over the meat.
3. In a large dutch oven pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and once the oil is hot, place the pork into the pot and sear the meat on each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
4. Once done add the chicken stock, root beer and liquid smoke. Stir. Turn off the heat; cover the dutch oven with a lid. Braise in the preheated oven for 5 hours.
5. Once pork is done, pull the pork apart with the help of 2 forks or your hands.
6. Pour the juice from the pot and add some bbq sauce over the pulled pork and gently toss to combine.
7. Slice the savoy cabbage, red cabbage, and red onion, keep it in separate bowls.
8. Dice the green bell pepper and shred the carrots, keep it aside.
9. Chop the parsley and keep it in a small bowl.
10. In a medium bowl prepare the cole slaw dressing by combining mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, light sour cream, granulated sugar, grand diamond seasoning, sweet paprika, kosher salt and finally the black pepper. Whisk all the ingredients well.
11. In a large salad bowl combine the cabbage, green bell pepper, onion, carrots and parsley.
12. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to combine until all of the slaw is completely coated. Chill for at least 4 hours.
13. Put the desired amount of pork on each bun, top with some cole slaw, and serve.
Make the cole slaw one day in advance so the flavors have a chance to meld together.