Asian Style BBQ Country Pork Ribs
|Asian style bbq country pork ribs|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, dice|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hoison sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mirin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Large, juiced|
|For the ribs:|
|Pork ribs||8 Large|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon, for garnish|
|For the beans:|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green beans||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Cracked pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
2. For the Asian BBQ Sauce: In a pot on high heat, add olive oil.
3. Add the ginger and sweet onions and caramelize.
4. Once brown, add in ketchup, hoison sauce, oyster sauce, honey, mirin and orange juice and let simmer on low heat.
5. For the Ribs: Season all sides of the ribs with salt and pepper.
6. Cook them on each side of a very hot grill (450° to 550°) for 8 to 10 minutes to get them perfectly golden brown.
7. Once brown remove them from the grill and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Using a pastry brush, baste each rib with some of the Asian BBQ sauce.
9. Place the ribs in the oven for 3 hours.
10. Re-baste the ribs on all sides with more Asian BBQ sauce every 30 minutes.
11. Once cooked, remove from the oven.
12. For the Beans: In a saute pan, add olive oil.
13. Add the garlic and caramelize.
14. Once brown, turn the heat down to medium-high and add in the green beans and saute for 6 to 8 minutes or until the beans are al dente or cooked to your desired temperature.
15. Season with salt and pepper.
16. Stake up the ribs on a plate topped off with some sesame seeds and serve along side the green beans.